Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Stay Report: Courtyard Hong Kong (Hong Kong - June 2012)

Stay Report: Courtyard Hong Kong
comment below and let me know your thoughts :)

I was flying on Cathay Pacific and was stopping in Hong Kong, so I decided to extend my step and visit the city.  I had booked my stay through Cathay Pacific Holidays as they have some great deals on hotels and tours within Hong Kong.  In addition to the room, the packages for hotels include transportation to/from the airport as well as breakfast.  In looking through their list of hotels, I wanted something that was affordable and nice but also had access to transportation and services - I found all of that in the Courtyard Hong Kong.



The Courtyard Hong Kong is located on Hong Kong Island and is located near the business district and the wharf.  The hotel is walking distance to the trams that run across the island and is also walking distance to the metro station.  There are also many shops and restaurants close to the hotel.  Additionally, the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to some of the business and shopping district (within a certain radius). 


photo courtesy of Marriott
The hotel itself looks modern and nice.  The entrance is located on the first floor, carved out of the building.  As you enter the lobby, on the left hand side is the small check-in desk while straight ahead is a column with the elevators.  The lobby is not that big, as the bottom floor is taking up mostly by the drive-up entrance and the tiny lobby.  There are some chairs to sit against the wall as you wait for your bus or transportation.   Check-in was efficient and I took the elevator up to my room.

My room was on a high floor, was comfortable, spacious, and had a nice view.  As you entered into the room, on the left hand side was the closet and storage space; this area also included a safe for your personal valuables.  On the right hand side was the bathroom, which was nicely decorated and was a good size (not too big but not compact).  The most interesting feature of the bathroom was the glass wall which faced out of the bathroom and into the bedroom and then into the window so you a nice view of the outside from the bathroom.  There were shades that came down in case you wanted privacy in the bathroom. 

photo courtesy of Marriott
Next to the bathroom was the king-size bed, which was comfortable and very spacious and provided a good night sleep.  On either side of the bed were nightstands.  Across from the bed was a TV with storage underneath and a desk that face towards the room.  Between the bed and the window was a chair to sit and enjoy the views from the window.   The window span across the wall and provided great views of the city down below as well as the river and the ships.  While this was a nice view, the hotel also provided black-out curtains to block out the su and noise to get a good sleep.  

I spent most of my time exploring the city so I did not get a chance to explore the hotel facilities such as the fitness center or the Café.  I did experience the wifi, which was free and a decent speed, and the complimentary breakfast.  The breakfast was in the restaurant on the 2nd floor and it was buffet that had a nice spread that was extremely filling and delicious.  Local newspapers were also available to read. 
photo courtesy of Marriott 
Overall, the hotel provided a very nice room with modern amenities, a comfortable bed, convenient access, and an overall enjoyable stay.  What made the stay great was the customer service, as the hotel provided great overall service.  One example of the excellent service happened on the day of my departure – the bus was coming early to take me for my early flight, and this meant I would miss the complimentary breakfast.  The hotel offered to make me a breakfast/snack bag to take with me to the airport.  This was extremely thoughtful and provided the extra touch which made the stay even more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment