Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Stay Report: Courtyard Chicago O'Hare

Stay Report: Courtyard Chicago O'Hare
comment below and let me know your thoughts :)

I was stuck at O’Hare International Airport overnight and the next morning – so I could either sleep in the airport or find a hotel nearby.  When I have been stuck at airports before due to weather, the hotels around the airport usually have inflated prices, but I was surprised to see that the hotels around O’Hare were decent.  I looked around and the Courtyard O’Hare Airport was having a sale so I decided to stay there.  Courtyards are known to be decent hotels with good service, so I booked a king-bed room for one night.  The hotel provides complimentary airport shuttle, and luckily the shuttle was waiting when I arrived.  The shuttle provides services to and from the airport as well as to any services – restaurants, stores - that are on the to the airport.  It was a quick drive from the airport to the hotel. 

The hotel is located next to a block of hotels, and is right next door to the Hilton Garden Inn (some other drivers would get confused as both hotel entrances are right next to each other).   The hotel itself is built like a standard Courtyard.  As you enter into the hotel, there is restaurant and bar on your left hand side while the check-in counters and ‘the market’ are to your right.  In front is the business center – two computers plus a printer – as well as computer station to print out boarding passes.  There is additional seating, tables and patio that leads to the pool.  The hotel also offers a fitness center.  Check-in was easy and I proceeded to my room.  The elevator to the rooms was a bit confusing – I went past the check-in desk and towards the rooms on the 1st floor and about a-quarter down the hallway was the elevator that took to my 5th floor room.  It was an odd layout.   While the lobby looked updated and modern, the hallways and the room itself looked a bit dated. 

I entered my key and opened my room and first impression was that the room was smaller than other Courtyards I have been too – it was comparable to a New York City hotel room that are compact.  When you entered into the room, there was a bathroom on the left and an entry way that led to the main room.   The bathroom was divided with the sink on one side and across was a closet, with a doorway in the middle that led to the toilet and bathtub.  While everything was decent, the look and feel of the room felt dated.

On the other side of the closet was the bedroom.  As you stepped into the bedroom, on the left was the king-size bed with two nightstands on each side.  The main bed was supposed to be a king but did not feel as big as a king, felt more like a bigger queen-size bed.  The space of the room was small on the other side of the bed there was only room for the nightstand between the bed and the wall.  On the side of the wall where you entered, diagonal from the bed, was the TV stand with drawers underneath and a connected desk.   On the other side of the wall, across from the desk, was a sofa with a table in front.  This sofa pulled out into a sofabed.  Overall, the bed was comfortable enough for one night but the room felt compact. 


As I was there for one night, I did not get to try any of the hotel amenities except for the wifi.  The hotel offered free wifi which was strong and able to stream videos without disruption.  You could also sign into multiple devices without charge or disruption to the speed.  This was a very nice feature of the hotel.   

Overall positives include access to the shuttle, amenities included free wifi and fitness center, while negatives included dated hotel and compact room.

No comments:

Post a Comment